MONTGOMERY COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE CONSPIRES AGAINST VETERAN

Press release from National RSOL

Dying man suffers public humiliation as direct consequence of overzealous operative determined to prevent his final wishes

January 20, 2015—Dayton, Ohio—Military veteran Greg Poston and his brother are dying of cancer. Their physician, Dr. Emily Vannorsdall, contacted the Dream Foundation about their dying wish, to see the Grand Canyon. At first the foundation was on board, and, with the help of the Veterans Service Commission, offered the trip to the brothers and their siblings.

Read the rest of the Press Release Here

Additionally, Paul Shannon, co-chair of the National RSOL Board of Directors, issued this statement to media in the New England area:

“The decision of the Dream Foundation to withdraw its offer of a special vacation to Greg Poston, a dying man and once convicted sex offender who has fully served out his sentence, is surely a sign of just how much our society has sunk into an abyss of hatred. We have come to believe as a society that there is no redemption and that the best way to make the victim feel better is to make life as miserable as possible for Mr. Poston.”

8 comments for “MONTGOMERY COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE CONSPIRES AGAINST VETERAN

1. scott
    January 21, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Yes, Christians, you know, the ones who treat the house of God like a Social Club rather than a place for Redemption and Guidance?? Apparently they forgot about apostle Paul

I can’t speak for all of them, but it,s a good majority who spoil the image of God and what he,s about. You know, Love, unconditional Love. A lot people probably need to have dictionary to find out what that word UNconditional really means. And then think about how churches pick and choose who can come into your church and then look up the word Jaded after you finally figure out what kind of example you,ve set for others in the community. No No, Thank You for “your” service!

2. Tiggerinma
    January 22, 2015 at 3:56 pm

To use this outrageous treatment of a dying registrant that was definitely caused by the sheriffs department’s direct contact with the charity as an opoutunity to blame all Christians, is not worthy of this site.

If you don’t think it is fair that all registrants are looked at the same, consider also that it is just as unfair to lump all Christians, or Jews, or Japanese, or to ever assume that all people within a group are all the same.

This is far more about a sheriff’s department going out of their way to try to add additional punishment to a dying registrant by encouraging the charity to withdraw their offer. The charity itself, is wrong to bend to that pressure, but as far as I know, the Dream Foundation is not made up or restrict it’s supporting members to only be Christians.

3. KayT
    January 22, 2015 at 8:27 pm

I tried to get the attention of the media that released this story, and I wrote to the Dream Foundation at the same time. I also posted here at Sosen. I wanted to see what could be done to find out who this man is and if we could all pitch in a couple of dollars each to help him make his dream come true. Nobody answered me from any of my letters or concerning my thoughts to help him make that trip. It just seems possible to me that caring people could make that happen.

And yes, it’s true, the word, “Sex Offender” is an inflammatory term and yes it does incite hatred and for that reason alone I think that the word, “Sex Offender” should be abolished. It would be better to go back to the old way of thinking with proper names for the deed – but of course, nobody is listening.

• Kay T
      January 24, 2015 at 11:53 am

I agree with Tiggerinma, 100%

4. Will Bassler
    January 24, 2015 at 4:07 pm

NOTE this is a press release from RSOL national the information was not generated by SOSEN, we are simply reporting the information that was provided to us.

I have a tendency to agree with Tiggerinma to a point that many people who are on the receiving end of these outrageous laws have been treated badly by the supposed Christians in their community but by the same token there are many Christian organizations that are standing up and reaching out a hand to registered citizens and their families. These other supposed Christians that are condemning and looking to punish registered citizens and their family members need to remember that Christ not only protected the person from being stoned by saying “Who is without sin cast the first stone”, but he went on further to offer that person a hand up, and forgave them. Those acts of charity and kindness changed that person’s life for the better. Those who run the Dream Foundation and those in law-enforcement that went to the trouble to cause problems for this dying registrant had best go back to their Bibles read the sections on slander and gossip.

5. Emily
    January 24, 2015 at 10:57 pm

I must agree with Will Bassler 100%.

6. Martin
    January 26, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Im on the Registry for life since when I was 20 a few years ago I peed in public while drunk with friends at a playground. This whole law is ridic, and calling every person a sex offender when many of the crimes involve no sex at all is retarded. Im not sure why they impose this on us but it sucks. Taking away this mans last chance is messed up we should do a gofundme or something for this veteran.

• KayT
      January 26, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Martin, there are posts in the members forum about the man that lost his dream vacation. It is my understanding that the family did take a vacation at their own expense and did not want to have any more attention over the situation, that’s the latest news that I heard.