W.A.R. PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: THE RALLY IN TALLY

Advocates of sex offender registry reform will gather in a peaceful protest at the Florida State House in Tallahassee FL on April 22, 2015 during the annual Lauren Book’s ‘Walk In My Shoes’ event. The Rally in Tally is a joint collaboration among civil rights activists; we seek to raise awareness of the sex offender law reform movement, provide educational material, and garner attention to our plights at a high-profile event that brings politicians, celebrity advocates, and the news media together.

The intent of the Rally in Tally is not to attack, dispute, or criticize the efforts of Lauren’s Kids as it relates to raising awareness and the prevention of sexual abuse in America. However, we are taking a stand against the policies of the Lauren’s Kids foundation in its efforts to promote and lobby for Florida’s “scorched Earth” policies. Lauren Book and her powerful lobbyist father, Ron Book, have pushed a number of harmful policies under the Lauren’s Kids banner, including tough residency restrictions that forced registered citizens in Miami-Dade County to sleep under bridges, in abandoned parking lots, and even along train tracks and warehouses. In the past year Lauren’s Kids supported a law marking the state-issued ID cards of some registrants with a scarlet letter, creating “pocket parks” to expand exclusion zones against registrants, and is currently supporting a lifetime GPS bill for all registered persons. In addition, Lauren Book has
referred to all registered citizens as “monsters,” “incurable,” a “clear and imminent danger,” and “ticking time bombs.”

We cannot make the Rally in Tally a success without you, our fellow activists. We need people willing to travel to Tallahassee to present the Book family, Florida Legislature and ill-informed public with a visual representation of the unconsidered consequences of hastily-devised legislation. Registered citizens, civil rights activist and registrant families are strongly encouraged to attend. Our hope is that anyone reading this will realize each person is needed at this rally to stand publicly for our rights. If you cannot attend the event, then we encourage you to support the rally movement by making a donation to assist in paying for supplies or sponsor someone who otherwise would not be able to participate.

Please send us an email at contact@womenagainstregistry.com for more information and to receive periodic updates about this exciting event!

9 comments for “W.A.R. PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: THE RALLY IN TALLY

1. Dorit
    February 14, 2015 at 7:59 am

please add me to your email list. With the horrible sex sting operations and entrapping innocent law abiding citizens into a make believe crime, we must fight it and put the funds collected by the PD towards the real threat. A threat with reason and suspicion to go after someone who is a real threat. Thank you for your great work!

2. Karen Boening
    February 14, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Please add me to your e-mail list. I have a son in Arizona who has been caught by these stings by total entrapment like many other innocent men there. No one is fighting this unfair entrapment in Arizona as they seem to not want to let the cat out of the bag for their Federal money. I guess I will be taking this on alone. Thanks for all you are doing!

• February 19, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Hi Karen,
      Glad you took the time to write your comment. WAR does have an state group in Arizona. You can go and join us on our website and we will connect you. Not sure if anybody from Arizona is going to the rally. They are discussing it.

Also, feel free to contact me via email or phone 202.630.0345.

Vicki

3. February 17, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Email Vicki from WAR or you can email me, but either way if you want to get involved, let us know. This Rally is definitely going to happen no matter what.

4. Kay T
    February 18, 2015 at 8:09 pm

You just convienced me to go, I will email you tomorrow.

5. February 19, 2015 at 5:34 pm

You are aware of the rally and we encourage everyone to attend and if unable to do so you are encouraged to sponsor others who don’t have the resources to get there. You will be hearing more about it, we promise!

But, first we want to tell you about a new concept in activism. The Anti-Registry Movement (ARM) is a collaboration of independent activists and organizations. The focus is not on who is doing the peaceful protests but where and are you invited. The answers are; a) the location will be announced at the earliest possible time and, b) our goal is to galvanize our registrants, family members and civil rights activists to the point that all will see the need to get involved. As the crescendo rises and our numbers swell there will be change.

6. MJ
    February 25, 2015 at 6:52 pm

I am a victim of these sex stings in Florida. Please do all you can to affect change so that me and all the hundreds of other men Florida entrapped can move on with our lives and they can stop raping us of our money on probation with fees and classes, etc… Something drastic needs to happen to wake up the general public in Florida and make them aware of what’s really going on.

• March 1, 2015 at 4:39 pm

MJ: It sounds like you would be unable to participate in the rally in Tallahassee if you are on parole but, if you have family and/or friends who would come and participate please encourage them to contact one of us. Derek or myself.

Also, we will have a vehicle to shuttle folks to the hotel and the rally site if needed.

7. Howard
    April 6, 2015 at 7:28 am

Not yet sure of my work schedule. Will know by 4-9. Have registrant son on probation until 8-20-16. I am an active member with FAC for almost 2 years. FAC does not want to attend. My opinion is that they feel this demonstration will anger Ron Book. They fear his money and power. I am on the fence with regards to the Rally in Tally. Part of me agrees with FAC, but the other part of me says “if not now then when?”. I would like to hear back from someone when time permits.