We mourn the loss of a dear, dear friend

We have been notified of the passing of a longtime friend and warrior for our cause. I joined the fight in the mid-1990s and he was already there on the front lines. His website help guide many of us to the advocacy movement. http://sexoffenderresearch.blogspot.com/ . We at SOSEN are saddened by the loss of our friend and comrade.

Sandy of NARSOL has posted a notice of his passing that I will share it with you below.

We don’t know his name or where he lived or anything about his personal life, but he was the kindest of persons, someone who treated everyone with dignity and respect. He was a sincere friend and an incredibly helpful researcher and advocate. No request for information ever went unanswered. No appeal for help was ignored.

When NARSOL created its Lifetime Appreciation Award several years ago, the gentleman we all knew as e-Advocate was the very first, and at this point remains the only, recipient. When he was notified that he would be given the award and I read to him what would be said by our Executive Director in presenting it, he was so touched that he almost cried.

E died today, January 26, 2018, and he will be sorely missed. His health had been declining for some time, and his ability to continue his work had declined also, but he was still there, and the world was a better place for it. Now he is gone, and our memories of him will have to suffice.

Goodbye, E; you will never be forgotten.

10 comments for “We mourn the loss of a dear, dear friend

1. KayT
    January 27, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Is anyone capable of taking over the work that E did? A person may pass to his eternal rest, or new life, however people want to view passing; but his work has touched lives and will live on in the hearts and minds of those lives for ever. Perhaps, and hopefully someone will be inspired to carry on the work that he did.

Rest in Peace, E!

• Charles R Lambert
      January 29, 2018 at 9:33 am

Sorry to hear this God took him home

2. January 28, 2018 at 10:02 am

eAdvocate was a very private man, but even so, many of us relied on his information and research. He was among the first to use the Internet to fight sex offender laws. He ran the eAdvocate Geocities site (Geocities is a now-defunct free website service from Yahoo), and once Geocities shut down, moved all of his main research to the SexOffenderResearch Google blog. Nearly everyone has used his website at one time or another.

I’m sure many of you noticed the slowdown, but not many of us knew his health was declining. I’m sure he knows that we greatly appreciate the foundation he laid out for the rest of us.

3. Innocent Bystander
    January 28, 2018 at 11:11 am

I hate to see or hear of the good ones passing. Thank you E for all you have done for our movement.

4. Alan Davis
    January 29, 2018 at 6:23 am

One of the primary tracking items that E-Advocate provided was a record of vigilanti attacks on registrants. He had a total number of registrants murdered due to the registry and the huge hatred generated by the media. Nearly 75% of all murders of sex offenders have occurred within the prison system, which is a point that is rarely confirmed by the DOJ since the responsibility for these murders ultimately must rest at the feet of those running our prison systems.

I Looked up the current record from his blog at http://murders-new.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-overview.html and the total number of murders of convicted and/or registered citizens From 2011 through 2017 is 259.

5. Charles R Lambert
    January 29, 2018 at 9:39 am

God made us all the same no one has a right to kill anyone

6. kayt
    January 29, 2018 at 9:50 am

Yes, I looked at that web site and saw the tracking of vigilante attacks on registrants. As I said before when I first posted, is there anyone who can keep up his work? Did he have a friend who would keep his web site alive and work on it? Considering it is so valuable.
    Will it just not be paid for and disappear? Who would be as passionate about keeping the facts and figures out there on a regular basis?
    If not, could Sosen, RSOL/NARSOL, or Sosen take it over, or Derek?

• February 3, 2018 at 9:13 pm

KayT, his website is hosted on the free Blogger/Blogspot platform owned by Google. It runs a very low risk of vanishing any time soon. However just in case it does, i’ve already archived a complete copy of it. If it does vanish, it will be published again in a such as way that others can also download a full copy and all organizations will be notified to pass the information along to their members.

We saw a couple very important websites in the reform movement vanish unexpectedly which prompted me to begin taking snapshots of all the websites in the reform movement as a precaution. I tried a few years ago to reach out to E-Advocate but I got no response from him. It really is sad he’s gone now.

7. kayt
    January 29, 2018 at 9:51 am

OKOKOK, I mentioned Sosen twice in my last post. I guess it’s obvious where my mind was headed!

8. Hank
    January 29, 2018 at 5:43 pm

I remember the day I brought up the E-advocate site and ended on a home care website just as it is to this day. I read e-Advocate for years every day, and loved all the ways you could use his archived data. I too mourn his passing.